Re: comp.sys.newton.misc vs. Newtontalk (was: Re: NTLK NTLK:newted messageboards)

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:38:57 CDT

On 7/31/00 11:42 AM, Loren Finkelstein [mailto:Loren@Finkelstein.Net]
wrote:

>on 7/31/00 12:00 PM, Michael J. Hussmann at michael@macmagazin.de wrote:
>
>> Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net) wrote:
>>
>>> So, what do you all say? Shall we move this to comp.sys.newton.misc?

Absolutely not.

>I am both curious about why others don't feel that way, and interested in
>letting newbies know that there is another option.
>Loren

Several:

Usenet is full of spam, trolls, and other junk

Usenet is full of flame wars

My ISP's Usenet news server can't even keep a full days worth of data
anymore; I'm always missing things on the comp.sys.newton.* newsgroups,
and I check at least once a day.

This mailing list's membership seems to be growing, and is far more
active, whereas comp.sys.newton.misc seems to be shrinking and very
inactive anyway. Or maybe it's just my ISP's news server ;-)

I'd say we should shut down comp.sys.newton.* and move everyone to
NewtonTalk, personally.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/