Re: NTLK Wireless Lan

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:34:16 CDT

On 7/31/00 7:08 PM, johncscott@cyberdude.com
[mailto:johncscott@cyberdude.com] wrote:

>I am looking for a WLAN card which is compatible with my Newton. I am
>trying to set up a wireless network with several PCs desktops and
>notebooks and an newton 2100. What devices are compatible and where can I
>get them?
>
>Thank you
>John

I'm afraid there aren't any that are compatible with the 2100, and the
ones that used to work with the older machines aren't beind sold anymore.

Two different people are working on Newton drivers for the Lucent
WaveLAN/Orinico 802.11 (Apple AirPort compatible) cards, and one of the
folks working on that just posted a status report (he's making progress,
but needs assistance.)

You can get wired Ethernet cards though; see Victor Rehorst' Ethernet
page on his Newton Resources site (www.chuma.org/newton/) for info.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/