NTLK Re: NTLK: Newted Messageboards

From: John I. Clark (jiclark@independence.net)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 11:47:44 CDT

I hesitate to write; I get the digest, so anything I write has probably
already been said a couple of times! But I had to respond to this one.

Though I think Stacey's efforts over at Newted deserve much praise, I
DON'T think we need another message board! There already exists a very
well-used site at:

<http://talk.smaller.com/Ultimate.cgi> (click on the Newton listing)

That forum has existed for years (under a couple of different banners
even) and IS everything you want Newted's forum to become. We really
don't need another! If we spread out our resources too thin, they become
much less accessable, and therefore lose their value.

Check out the Smaller.com forum if you find NewtonTalk too, uh...
'diverse' for your liking. But please, don't urge anything on us that
will dilute the precious resources we cling to now.

[end of rant]

Thanks, John

--
John I. Clark