Re: NTLK NTLK:newted messageboards

From: Martin Weiss (mweiss@nyhallsci.org)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 11:44:19 CDT

At 11:32 AM -0400 on 7/31/00, Loren Finkelstein wrote about Re: NTLK
NTLK:newted message boards:

>Personally, I think the Newsgroups are the best solution. I used to be on
>dozens of mailing lists (LISTSERV), getting hundreds of messages a day.
>before I discovered USENET. It seemed to me to be the next generation of
>Mailing List.
>
>I hadn't used a mailing list in years and didn't really think anyone else
>did, until someone mentioned this one to me. Quite frankly, I was surprised
>that so many people were on it. It seems kind of old fashioned to me. :-)
>
>Newsgroups are searchable, threadable, downloadable, don't need digests, and
>don't fill up your mailbox. They are available via a web interface, if
>that's your thing, or via newsreading software which can look pretty much
>like an e-mail program. In fact, although I don't use it, I believe you can
>even get newsgroups in your e-mail.
>
>So, what do you all say? Shall we move this to comp.sys.newton.misc?
>
>Loren

Loren;

How do you get to comp.sys.newton.misc via a web interface?

Cheers,

Martin

--

Martin Weiss, Ph.D. Director of Science New York Hall of Science 47-01 111th Street Flushing Meadows-Corona Park New York 11368 voice mail 718 699 0005 x 356 facsimile 718 699 1341 mweiss@nyhallsci.org http://www,nyhallsci.org *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: