Re: NTLK Da Power

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 07:08:51 CDT

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Jake Luck wrote:

> > Currently, I use a Ricochet wireless modem with my Newtons to
> > communicate via the internet. This is a terrific solution in those
>
> Dan, what is the power consumption with the ricochet card? I notice
> when I use my 56K modem on s land line, it sucks up a fully charged
> rechargable of my 2100 in a quick 15 minutes. Ethernet on the other hand
> seems to be a different matter(almost, incurring very little use of
> power. Does anyone know why is that so? I am currently looking at gopi's
> WaveLan code, trying to help making something work. I wonder what would
> the WaveLan card's power usage be.

WaveLan specifications (for the new 11Mbps cards):

http://www.wavelan.com/products/productspecs.html?id=26

Sleep mode - 9mA
Recieve mode - 185mA
Transmit mode - 285mA

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/