Re: NTLK MP2100 2.1 710031?

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 10:59:22 CDT

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Robert Benschop wrote:

> > Would one of you Newton Guru's please point me to the correct
> > information? What is the latest OS System, and it's version number;
> > and where can I download the software to make my 2100 OS the latest,
> > greatest/
>
> 730031 is the latest, it's basically the last one from Apple modified by
> Paul Guyot (probably the only one left out there that can still understand
> this kind of stuff) to take out an error (I think the error was related to
> Avi's Backdrop, but I'm not totally sure there, currently he's investigating
> the -10061 bug AFAIK)

The FAQ explains the system patch versions rather well (especially the
strange numbering system):

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIA2

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/