Re: NTLK ADVICE: damaged screen

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 10:42:44 CDT

on 25-07-2000 3:30, Brian McEwen at brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu wrote:

> Actually there is at least one package, possibly two, that will download
> all internal data to your card, if you insert the card into a Newt w/ a bad
> screeen/touchpad. You can then read the card in a second newt.
>
> IIRC there were 2 apps that did this, one was expensive (SBM? perhaps) and
> I thought there was a free one also.

Yes there are 2, one from http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/index.htm but I
can't see the whole page in IE at the moment and it crashes Newtscape.
The other one from http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/telechargement.htk
I think you need to have to have these packages on your Newton before you
kill your screen though, maybe you can still get one in with the help of a
keyboard ?

Robert Benschop