Re: NTLK Support 3.3V-only PCCard?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:48:45 CDT

On 7/24/00 6:59 AM, Noriaki Misawa [mailto:nmisawa@mac.com] wrote:

>Hi, I have a MP2100.
>I have 3.3V only PCCard.
>This is mobile card. It calls "P-in Comp@ct" in Japan.
>
>Now, I can't use this card with MP2100.
>I want to know,
>
>Does the Newton OS 2.1's driver supports 3.3V-only PCCard?
>
>I need help.
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Noriaki Misawa
>nmisawa@mac.com

Sorry, probably not.

If that's a memory card, then the Newton only uses 5v/5v or 5v/12v
read/write memory cards and they must be LINEAR FLASH RAM, not ATA cards
like most current cards you'll find in stores (although Paul Guyot's
working on fixing that......)

If it's something else, it's still not likely...but if you could tell us
what the card does and who makes it, that might help.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/