Re: NTLK entering calling card IDs when dialling?

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 18:12:21 CDT

>On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Brian McEwen wrote:
>[snip]
>> The problem is that the number space in the NIE setup is super
>> short, cannot scroll, and I can't access the phone keyboard to KNOW it's
>> entering the right number, off screen somewhere.
>>

>When you double-tap the number to bring up the correction dialog, it should
>show you the entire number (assuming there are no spaces), right? You can
>see the entire number that way, and then use the character correction dialog
>to edit the number.

        hmm... in the NIE SETUP phone entry field, I CAN bring up the
little phone pad if I double-click quickly (I'd not got it to do that
before, that's a help); but the field to display the # is still 12 or 15
chars or whatever (about 1/3 of the needed size); but I will use the phone
pad to get the whole # entered correctly and saved, now.

        The only way I've been able to see the whole field is to use the
assist button of the NIE connection slip itself and then you get the big
field where you can display about 40 chars in the dialling field.

        Perhaps this is a difference between NOS 2.0 and 2.1, or I'm not in
the right location even yet.

        Thanks!

        Brian