NTLK entering calling card IDs when dialling?

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 13:09:01 CDT

        Does someone have a good trick for easily entering and dialling
using calling cards with NIE 1.1?

        Currently I usually just dial my ISP directly whether it's local or
not; I need to dial an 800# for my calling card, then my account+pin, then
the number I wish to call.

        The problem is that the number space in the NIE setup is super
short, cannot scroll, and I can't access the phone keyboard to KNOW it's
entering the right number, off screen somewhere.

        Currently I type all the stuff into the "assist" dialling when at
the NIE connection slip; but it doesn't save this information of course.

        If I enter a credit card # in the assist slip dialog it will dial
it, but not at the time that is is nexessary (dials in a different order).

        Is there easy solution that I'm overlooking? I suppose entering
the whole string of #s each time I dial is most secure, but heck, even if I
do lose the MP, what on EARTH are the chances that someone would figure out
how to use it well enough to get my calling card ID :-/

        Thanks for advice!

        Brian