Re: NTLK MP 130 Backlight

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 05:35:39 CDT

>You have to HOLD DOWN the power switch for a few seconds when you turn on
>the Newton, rather than releasing it immediately, in order for the
>backlight to come on. It will then stay on until you turn the Newton
>off. There are also packages out there that will let you set an option
>to have it come on at startup automatically; I think they work with a 130.

        I'd also make sure you have installed hte latest MP130 OS update,
and try one of the software solutions (Avi's backdrop has a button, for
example) as you could have a problem with the power switch not making
contact long enough to trigger the light to come on. You have to hold it
down for 3 or 4 seconds to activate the backlight, and if you have a
problem with the switch, that might not be happening.

        Brian