Re: NTLK ethernet over serial?

From: Bill Davis (billdavis@info-newt.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 01:50:37 CDT

On 7/12/00 11:40 AM, THX 1138 [mailto:bct1@thestate.infi.net] wrote:

>At 01:40 AM 7/12/00 -1000, you wrote:
>>Well its not via Serial, but Justdeals.com has a 3COM etherlink PC Card
>>with XJack connector for $25.
>><snip>
>>Might be something to consider..
>
>thanks, but I have a 3com NIC for the newt already, I was just trying to
>find some way to share the one connection I have in my office, short of a
>hub.
>
>maybe I'll just have to break down and get one anyway.
>
>thanks,
>
>ben.

Get a hub. Trust me. Besides being an easy solution to your needs,
it'll be FAR, FAR, FAR faster than a serial connection to the ethernet.

You should be able to get a 5 port hub for well under US$50. Although if
you have a static IP address you'll need to request a second one (you
won't be able to use it on the Newton and the PC at the same time.)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/