Re: NTLK NCU and Windows 2000 Problem

From: Lui Frimmel (luifri@atnet.at)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 14:11:02 CDT

At 13:27 13.07.00 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi, I'm having this problem with my newton. I'm trying to connect a MP130,
>NOS 2.0 to Windows 2000 with NCU. When the newton tries to connect to NCU, I
>get a timeout saying that there was no response. I have both Com1 and Com2
>set to the lowest baud, and even tried to use slowdown.exe and I'm still
>getting the same error.
>
>Actually I have the same problem on Windows NT 4 and Windows 95. I know it
>can sync because it works with NCU on a Mac.

NCU works with Win 98, 2000, NT. (I was able to back up some 32 MB cards
with Win98 that never did it with Macs from
Quadra 950 up to G3) Check the connection settings on the Newt (serial,
38..) to be the same as the one used on the PC side.
Another possibility of failures are programs still using your serial port
on the PC (modem, phone, whatever..)

Lui