Re: NTLK Copying pieces of text?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 19:18:24 CDT

I use a small piece of software that I picked up back
in my 120 days. It was free and it resides up on the
bar with the clock.
What you do is you highlight the text you want copied
and it will cut it from where you highlighted it from
and place it in one of two storage spots. To replace
the text you cut, you hit the "undo".
The cut text is placed in either a hold indefinatly
buffer, or hold once buffer (which ever you choose) If
you put it in the hold once buffer, once you choose to
paste the text somewhere, it is no longer available
for pasting anywhere else. Obviously the cut and hold
will hold the text for pasting as many times as you
want to paste it.
The program is called Scrappy. I am running the 2.0
version (written in 1994) by CHS Systems. Where to get
it? I'm not sure as the writer has a compuserve ID and
I doubt that it is still active...you can try though:
Compuserve: 71553,2247

And yes, the 2100/2000 DOES run 15 times faster than a
120...on it's bad days! But that depends on what you
use it for...When I sent my 2000 to the Doc for an
upgrade, I went back to my 120 and was amazed that I
really didn't mind the slower speed as much as I
thought...I did miss the internet and email
connections, but the form factor made up for that...

The difference between the 120 and 130 I believe is
that the 130 also has increased heap. there are
probably more differences, but i never had a 130...I
upgraded from a 120 directly to a 2000!
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- "Cook, Thomas" <tcook@craworld.com> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I constantly find myself wanting to copy strings of
> text within the notepad.
> I am aware of the method of dragging an item to the
> top of the screen to cut
> and paste it into another note etc. but what if I
> want to duplicate it
> instead of cut/paste?
>
> Thanks-
> TJC
> MP120 with OS2.0
>
> PS- Does the MP2000/2100 really run 15 times faster
> than my lowly 120? And
> is the difference between the 120 and 130 really
> only the backlight? Not
> quite as pressing issues but I am thinking of
> upgrading in the not too
> distant future and the 2x00's are still commanding
> >$400 US on ebay
> depending on peripherals.
>

> Thomas J. Cook
> Information Technology Services
> Conestoga-Rovers & Associates, Inc.
> Tel: 716-297-6150
> Fax: 716-297-2265
> email: tcook@CRAWorld.com
> web: http://www.CRA-IT.com & http://www.CRAWORLD.com
>
> ***************************************
> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at
http://www.planetnewton.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/