NTLK Audio dongles

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 12:46:42 CDT

Anyone else catch this post on c.s.n.m yesterday?

"Daniel Padilla" <daniel.padilla@wanadoo.es> has indicated that he's going
to be selling audio dongles.

----- quote -----
Next week I will start selling a new audio "dongle". It will have a stereo
jack but the sound will be mono. Just wait a few days...
--- end quote ---

It's not clear what his plug is going to support but I read it as a
headphone jack only. Good for MP2x00 users (jack's missing), not so great
for eMate users (no microphone).

Personally, I'd pay serious $$ for anyone who can reproduce that dongle
prototype Arnold Kim has a photo of (microphone, headphone, second serial,
power). It's not that I can do it myself; I was never any good at either
microsurgery or microinjections in grad school and I can't see that
changing with soldering (NewtonOZ - what happened to those engineer
relatives of yours?).

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com