Re: NTLK Fwd: Re: Memory Loss

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 11:04:50 CDT

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Kenny Song wrote:
> > That's strange. I had the same setting and mails that are read would
> > default to Unfiled folder after closing and reopening I/O Box. Simon had
> > the same problem too.
>
> Maybe it's because I've never, ever, *ever* changed that value before...
> I'll try to see if I can find the Slot where that setting is stored - my
> hunch is that the default value is nil, and if it's set to anything else
> then there's no way to get the nil value back.

Well, I just did some poking around in the System Soup with SBM Utils and
couldn't find any obvious entries that contained this setting, either in the
mail:Simple slot in UserConfiguration, or in the iobox slot.

(CCing this to Simon again as he probably knows exactly where this setting
lurks)

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/