Re: NTLK Freezes and hangs..

From: Darl Singh (darl@xpress.net.nz)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 04:28:42 EST

Quite likely that (esp on a 2K - have been playing with a 2.1K and not had the issue)
storing pkgs on the card does it (causes issues).

Had this issue for a long time w/ Simplemail 3.x - eventually stumbled across storing all
Inet pkgs on internal store, backing up then hard-resetting and restore (trust me - u
don;t wanna know _how_ I stumbled across this....)

Anyway - nothing to lose except time: give it a go! Worked for me (note: use the later not
earlier versions of S'mail - had other issues with earlier 3.x versions......appeared to
be limited to *my* setup/config tho)

Other point - esp. with a '2K - make sure u have as much as possible frozen, with (pref.)
100k+ of free heap before connecting to the 'net. Could result in heap errors otherwise.

HTH

-D