Re: NTLK name server (was Newtscape woes...)

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 06:24:41 EST

>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:16:21 EST
>From: BondTrails@aol.com
>
>Hey, thanks for the detailed info!
>Okay, so now that I know what a name server is, and knowing that my ISP (from
>school) is dynamic PPP, do I still have to have to set the name server on my
>Newton 130's NIE panel? It was suggested that I was getting hung up as Newt's
>Cape kept "Looking up host" after successfully logging in to my ISP (I am
>sure of it because I am able to receive my email) because perhaps my name
>server was not set. Anyone know what could possibly be going on?

I'm pretty sure you need to manually configure the name server for NIE 1.1
(not usually necessary for NIE 2.0).

your ISP should provide you with the numerical IP address for name server.
you'd enter that into the "Name Server IP Address" field in the NIE 1.1
setup --
see the NIE 1.1 User Guide for step-by-step instructions.

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com