Re: NTLK Newtscape woes...

From: Chris Bolivar (chris@optamedia.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 01:25:05 EST

A domain name server is a computer which references adresses such as
www.optamedia.com to the addresses which they represent eg: 161.184.137.136.
The purpose of this server is to that when you type in "name" addresses you
will be referred to the "numerical" address which they actually are. As for
your school account, if you are running off a dynamic IP address (assuming
it is DHCP) the DHCP server should give you all the domain name information
you need. You should not have to configure DNS info, etc. Hope this helps.

    -Chris