Re: NTLK URGENT: virus

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 00:00:55 EST

Calm down, Kyle. The poor guy already incurred the collective NewtonTalk
wrath, even though it really wasn't his fault (except for a combination of
naiveté and sloppy virus checking). The SKA (AKA Happy99.exe) virus
operates by propogating itself through windows-based email clients, using
the the last email message sent as a doorway to send a copy of itself to an
unsuspecting user.

I really felt sorry for the poor guy. Not only did he get a BUNCH of hate
emails privately and on the list, he got turned into his ISP by one
particularly wrathful user with a request to terminate his account. OW! A
boo-boo he won't soon forget!

I hope we can be more forgiving in the future...

Regards,

Gary