Ripping-off Apple (Re: NTLK Pen Alignment Problems)

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 13:04:08 EST

Seems to me that sending in a piece of green plastic in order to (in
essence) buy a new 2.1K amounts to FRAUD, which I'm certain (although I
haven't checked) would override Apple's legal obligation to support a
discontinued product.

Besides, let's ignore the logical angle and look at the ethical situation.
You'd have to be a pretty shady character to actually DO this (there's
nothing wrong with thinking about it, though. I mean who here can honestly
say s/he hasn't at one time or another thought of bumping off someone that
really ticked them off?). My knee-jerk reaction to this is: Kick anyone who
endorses this type of behaviour off of the list and never let them resub.
The truth of the matter is everyone has a different point of view.

Hang on a sec while I put on my asbestos suit.......

I just don't think it's right to endorse fraud on a list like this. But
that's just my $0.02CDN.

Leland Jory
"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."