NTLK Re: Unauthorized Distribution of iambic Software

From: Sunder (sunder@anon7b.sunder.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 14:57:25 EST

Hi there,

A while ago, the guy who ran the NewtonMad FTP archive was unable to
continue running it due to traffic issues. He offered a big 170M zip file
archive of the entire site. I was one of several people who offered to
host it.

I unfortunatly failed to take a close look at the individual files in
question.

As the archive was tainted by pirated software, I've removed the entire
archive from my systems, and it will not return.

You might wish to temporarily subscribe to the newtontalk mailing list
hosted off planetnewton.com so as to advise all mirrors of this ftp
archive as to this situation so that they may also remove them.

I'm cc:'ing the list so as to help in alerting them.

Thank you for informing of this breech.

--
 + ^ +  Sunder              "Only someone completely distrustful of   /|\

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com