Re: NTLK just wondering, age??

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 01:57:52 EST

>-----------
>>>just out of curiosity how old are the guys on this list?? i'm 16 an lovin my
>>>newton 2100 =)
>>>oh and where are you guys at, wondering where there are concentrations of
>>>newton users
>>>
>>>Baru Lopez
>-----------

Hi, Baru!

Age:37+ (38 on July 10th)
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
(and currently connected wirelessly via his brand new Apple AirPort base
station and Lucent WaveLAN Silver PCMCIA card in his PowerBook G3...not
his Newton 2100, alas....but if anyone out there is working on a Newton
WaveLAN driver, I'd love to beta test! ;-) The AirPort base station,
card and driver were a snap to set up, by the way. Usual Mac easiness.
Plug AirPort base into wall and Ethernet hub. Install WaveLAN Mac
drivers, use "easy install" (one button click). Change TCP/IP and
AppleTalk control panels from Ethernet to WaveLAN. Done! From all the
stuff I'd read online I'd expected it to be a lot harder. And I'm not
even using the AirPort 1.1 software yet!

Sure wish I could have afforded a computer when I was 16 ;-) Of course,
when I was 16, it was 1978 and there barely WERE personal computers
(Appple II, TRS-80 Model I, that's about it). I didn't have my own
computer until I was in college and working for a computer store
part-time, back in about 1980 or 81 (TRS-80 Model III, then a Mac 128k in
1984. I still have that Mac. It's about as old as you are!) My, how
times have changed (and prices have dropped!)

 - Bill Davis

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com