Re: NTLK I think I'm cursed (long)

From: Holger Wiese (howiese@dialup.nacamar.de)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 04:57:09 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Santiago Vaquera" <svaquera@mac.com>
To: "NewtonTalk" <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 5:29 AM
Subject: NTLK I think I'm cursed (long)

> Hi,
>
> Later this afternoon I decide to use the pc card modem again. I
slide
> it into the upper pc slot and I get this message: "There is
problem
> with this card. (This memory card could not be formatted. (This
memory
> card is write protected.))"
> What? I slipped the card out and reinserted. The same message.
> think that maybe it's just a mistake, so I try to download
email.
> Failure.

Have had the same symtoms when i tried out an ethernet card the
other day which was supposed to work. After many tries i inserted
the card into a notebook computer and it was not recognized
either. So i returned the card.

As stated, when inserting the ethernet card i got the same error
message about a write protected memory card.

Conclusion, try your modem card in a notebook computer. Chance is
that it is broken.

So long
Holger

... an good luck ...