Re: NTLK SmartDog BackTalk glitches???

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 16:27:13 EST

"Beam My Card" won't work to send your owner info to a Palm because it is
made to only exchange cards with another Newton that is beaming their owner
card. I also tried to go to my owner info and beam it, but it would only
encode it as TXT or a Newton Flattened Frame. Presumably the owner info is
saved in a different format from your usual name.

So, I created a normal name card for myself, specifically to use when I need
to beam to palm users.

Have you been trying to beam individuals, or companies?

When I beam a company card, my only options are TXT and Newton Flattened
Frame, however, when I beam an individuals's card, VCF becomes an available
option.

In my testing though, certain fields did not go through in VCF format.
Specifically, the following didn't go through.
    Affiliate
    E-Mail
    Birthday & Anniversary
    URL (This is a MoreInfo add on)

So, since I was making a card specifically for beaming to Palms, I
customized it and included all that info in the note, which went over fine.

I hope this helps.
Loren