NTLK NewtNotes, anyone?

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen@cowboy.net)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 16:16:57 EST

Anyone using NewtNotes with Endnote 3.1.2 (Windows)?

I am trying the demo, but not having a successful import into the Newton
of the tab-delimited file created with the style provided with NewtNotes.

The Wildcat xfer starts, but sits forever at "transferring record #1".
However, no data is apparantly ever transmitted. Nothing locks up on
either the Newt or Mac side, I can stop the "xfer" at any point and
there's no lockups or anything.

I look at the .txt file that gets generate after exporting on the desktop,
and it looks like a nice, logical, tab-delimited file. Hardy doesn't
document his xfer format, so I can't tell what isn't correct.

The text file is 600k; I've given Wildcat a little extra RAM, just in
case; only thing I can think to try is to give it a whole lot more (but it
should be happy with what it has now...)

I did email Hardy Macia but it's been a couple days with no reply; so I'm
looking for other user feedback here.

I have some experiments going that give me a predicable "spare" hour while
things percolate; I could use that time to enter stuff into Endnote on the
Newt- this would be all the better as I'm running the experiments in a
location other than my own office+lab- so I don't have a desktop CPU for
my own sole use. I'd love to pack the Newt and a stack of references
along.

Thanks for info! do email or post if you are at least using this package
successfully.

Brian

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com