[NTLK] Donations for Worldwide Newton Conference

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:36:04 EDT 2020

Don,

This is a great idea and, IMHO, might eventually be a suitable way to
sustain and/or enhance upcoming conference efforts, increase the
frequency of events, and possibly usher in paid guests.  This is what
conference costs usually cover (and have covered in the past), but the
more that can be addressed through donations, the less likely ALL
hopeful attendees will need to pay to benefit.  That's especially good
for those who simply can't afford to attend future events outside of
air/lodging and some excess charges, but are willing community
contributors.

In short, donations are a great way to offset costs of individuals as
some people are able to more freely give or raise money than others.

-Jeff

--
-Jeff