[NTLK] Are we on for Newton Saturday #2 ?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Jun 14 11:39:07 EDT 2020

As covered by Pawel's recording, plus some general catching up that
was missed, in no particular order:

- Rumors of coming handwriting recognition on the iPhone 12
- Pawel has gotten external serial Bluetooth modules working for
connecting with NCX on macOS, tested on an eMate
- Pawel showed off a serial data interface box for eMate that he's
going to try to reverse engineer with Arduino
- Discussion of imaging Newton Source CD to be shared with the community
- Discussion of Motorola Marco battery troubles (Marcos only run when
a charged battery is connected and the batteries are difficult to
disassemble)
- Using Raspberry Pi as an ethernet to WiFi transceiver and possibly
with the Stunnel proxy
- Matthias demonstrated his latest developments in newt/64 & Einstein,
incl. ability to disassemble & modify packages before installation
- Discussion of Apple's roadblocks for Einstein on iOS

Did I miss anything?

Morgan

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 7:55 AM Pawel Piotrowski <newton at indigi.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Forrest,
>
> I have something recorded. I will publish it later.
>
> Cheers,
> Pawel
>
> > On 14 Jun 2020, at 00:38, Forrest Buffenmyer <newton_phoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry I missed this. For some reason I did not receive this email until a little while ago.
> >
> > I am looking forward to the next one. Can someone post a brief synopsys of what was covered?
> > --
> > Mahalo,
> > Forrest
> >
> > (Proudly sent from my MP2100 using Mail V)
> >
> > http://newtontalk.net/
> > http://twitter.com/newtontalk

> http://newtontalk.net/
> http://twitter.com/newtontalk