[NTLK] [FT] (or [FS] ) eMates

Garnet Fitzgerald-Cherry garnetcherry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:22:23 EDT 2020

Hello there newtontalk!

A very kind list member generously sold me their MP2100 as part of a collection which included half a dozen eMates. This turned out to be a few more than I can handle and I am having difficulty integrating them into my device pool. I hate to see them sit unused. Therefore I wanted to ask if anyone is interested in adopting one or more eMates into their household?

I am more interested in a trade, although I have nothing against a sale. Things I am interested trading for are listed below as P.S. Shipping from Germany (or if you happen to be in Duesseldorf, personal pickup and beverage).

Six eMates are available, here briefly described, photos and further information gladly per request.

#1 For spares/repair: Hinges loose, charge lamp does not light up, does not boot, missing stylus
#2 Charge lamp lights up, boots, battery appears to be rebuilt, sound and backlight work
#3 Charge lamp lights up, boots, no battery, battery bay appears to have had a spill in the past, mainboard near battery connection needs cleaning, sound and backlight work
#4 Charge lamp lights up, boots, battery connector shows corrosion, battery bay clean, but mainboard near battery connection needs minor cleaning, sound and backlight work
#5 Charge lamp lights up, boots, battery appears to be rebuilt, sound and backlight work
#6 Charge lamp lights up, boots, battery appears to be rebuilt, original packaging, missing stylus, sound and backlight work

Unfortunately I do not possess enough power supplies to part with.

I would also like to pass on various parts I am unable to utilise in a foreseeable setup, namely:
- Newton H1000, sadly with display problems, distortion and dark lines, no sound, hence for parts. With sleeve.
- 2 Newton Fax Modems: H0005 and H1500
- Global village fax card
- Kodak picture card PCMCIA adapter
- Newton Backup Utility on floppy, unopened
- Farallon installation floppy, unopened
- Newton Connection Kit packaging and partial documentation, but no disks
- Newton Works Graphing Calculator manual
- eMate 300 User's Manual
- QuickFigure Works User's Manual

Thank you very much in advance!

Garnet Cherry

P.S. Should someone be interested in trading, here are some things I'm on the lookout for. Naturally I will supplement with currency (and/or more eMates) as needed:
- MP2x00 interconnect adapter (so I can use a Newton keyboard with my MP2100)
- Clearly Superior Technologies CST2545 laser trackball or the X-key equivalent (to add to my trackball toolbox)
- Thinkpad model X220, X230, X230 tablet or T440p (I'd like to experiment with the open source firmware coreboot)
- Supermicro X11SSM-F or X11SSH-TF mainboard (I'd like to build a coreboot compatible VM server)
- Ultrium LTO5 SAS tape drive (to improve my backup setup)
- Sennheiser HD600 (the older, made in Europe model)
-