[NTLK] Beginner's software guide

Sebastian Payne mail at sebastianpayne.com
Sat Aug 1 12:44:06 EDT 2020

Hello folks,

I've recently dug out my eMate 300 to get it up and running again for some
retro computing fun. Delighted to see all my notes from a decade ago were
still saved!

I've managed to hook it up to my MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina with no
hassle using these two cables - for reference, in case of use:

- *Ugreen USB to Serial* (with Apple's USB-C adaptor)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QUZY4L0/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

- *PC to Mac serial* https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113353487459

I've installed Mail V, NIE and the WiFi drivers, awaiting my Lucent silver
wifi card coming from eBay.

But before that, I was wondering if there's a good list anywhere of the
best Newton software? i.e. what are the best productivity, games and the
like. I know there's plenty of stuff online at UNNA but I have no idea
where to begin, what is useful and what is fun. I might compile all this
into a Medium article for posterity, so do send me your recommendations if
there is nothing already out there.

Thank you kindly in advance!

--
Sebastian Payne