[NTLK] I miss the Newton (Clu) & Question to all

L.W. Brown lwb at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 02:06:18 EST 2019

I have a reMarkable, and - with some tweaking (adding more template forms) - it can work quite well in Newt’s place. It’s not as smart, so linking info is up to me. And the info stays handwritten. However, I can email notes as text, with a quite  accurate transliteration.
Annotating PDFs is a breeze, and highlighting & PDFs in color stay in color when exported or viewed in iOS.
EPUBs are quite readable (no backlighting) as long as they are not rights-protected.
Battery life is pretty awesome, and the biggest drain is staying on wifi when there’s no need to back up files.
It runs on a simple Linux, and can be SSHed to over USB. I expect lots of hacker extensions, as there’s already an active community.
Your mileage may vary ;-)
-L.W. Brown
via 6s+