[NTLK] Connecting to Win 10

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Feb 16 15:00:18 EST 2019

Well I know NCU doesn't require a pin as I never used one.  I am guessing you are running into issues because you are trying to connect to Win10.  In fact, I am surprised you have managed to get this far.

What I would suggest is grab a copy of Virtual PC and install Win98 to it.  Or if you can't do that, grab virtual Box and install win2000 to it.  I think you will get a lot better results.  While you can install Win98 to Virtual Box, last time I did it was slow slow slow slow to the point of being unusable.  But since Win98 is no supported by Virtual Box, it is not exactly surprising.  I have heard there are tweaks to get it to work better, but I never bothered.  Virtual PC and Win98 are about the best I have ever seen on a Windows box.  You don't need SLowdown, it just works without throwing fists every few minutes (and having timing issues).

-Dan