[NTLK] Pine64 Devices

David Arnold davida at pobox.com
Fri Dec 6 07:21:26 EST 2019

I bought one of their 11” Pinebook laptops, but have decided to sell it,
because the trackpad just wasn’t viable for real-world usage.  The rest
of the system was cheap, but fine.  Even the trackpad was probably
reasonable for a USD99 device, but it was unbearably frustrating when
compared to my MacBook …

I’ll likely get both a phone and a tablet when they’re released.  The
company has been pretty good so far in terms of delivering, although
their turn to pre-announcing things isn’t a good sign, in my view.

I’d be happy to contribute a few nights and weekends cycles to getting
a decent Einstein image together.

One thing that might make such a device additionally attractive is
that you could run various proxy services on the Linux side to support
NewtonOS in the modern world.

I think the phone is likely out early next year, and the tablet perhaps
a few months after that?