[NTLK] Serial connector parts for 2100?

Fritz Toch birddog at me.com
Wed Oct 31 11:55:41 EDT 2018

The drawbacks of trying to use the Newton Interconnect really overwhelm the benefits IMO. Regardless of the fine fabrication skills that exist in this community, we run the risk of a bad electrical connection possibly sending voltage somewhere into the Newton that it doesn’t belong. And the physical connection was susceptible to mechanical failure even during the devices’ intended lifetimes. Bypassing the port with a serial or USB internal adapter is the most prudent course. We should all commit to a group buy of serial boards for all our 2x00 devices.