[NTLK] Serial connector parts for 2100?

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Tue Oct 30 15:14:06 EDT 2018

Not really.  The PCB "tongue" is on the Newton-side. The contacts in the connector are springs that press against the PCB "tongue" inside the Newton's connector.

On 10/30/18, 11:13 AM, "newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of Grant Hutchinson" <newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of newtontalkmessages at gmail.com> wrote:

    > On Oct 30, 2018, at 4:54 AM, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
    >
    > I have wondered if a 3D printed housing could be made that accepted the pins from some other similar connector.  With high resolution 3D printing it should be easy to make the non-conductive part of the connector.  It's just figuring out a reliable way of doing the metal contacts.

    Could the component with the metal contacts be created through some sort of thin-layer PCB process and then wrapped with a 3D-printed housing?

    g.

    Grant Hutchinson
    NewtonTalk List Dad & Interweb Custodian