[NTLK] Newton's great-grandchild

Donna Momorella gabey8 at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 07:55:28 EST 2018

I was using the handwriting recognition on my Apple Watch to send a text earlier today, and it crossed my mind that it could be considered the great-grandchild of the Newton. I wondered how much of the Newton software has survived and morphed into the products Apple is currently selling. I'm sure the handwriting recognition features are Exhibit A of software concepts that were born with the Newton and have been gradually refined ever since, until they landed in the devices and OSes that are currently on the market.

Donna
----