[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 56, Issue 28

Tom Piper macquest at mac.com
Sat Aug 25 18:05:07 EDT 2018

Sylvan & Dennis:

> >> I have bad new for you, the USA-28X is now incompatible with 10.13.x and more.

Using macOS 10.6.8 (under Parallels emulator), I have established contact with my Keyspan 28x (the Keyspan Serial Assistant actually shows the 28x), and am using the NCX (ver 2.0.4) app on the desktop . . . the new window says: “Start by establishing a connection from your Newton device.” . . . my eMate is plugged into the Keyspan via serial cable, and attempts to use the Dock, or Classroom Dock or NSync fail to make any connection!

I feel like I must be really close, but cannot yet get the eMate to communicate with the MacBookPro . . . what am I missing?

Tom