[NTLK] eMate 300 Memory Upgrade

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 12:59:14 EDT 2018

> On 2 Apr 2018, at 17:50, Grant Hutchinson <newtontalkmessages at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 2, 2018, at 2:33 AM, Ermin Mistica <erminmistica at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know of a secret stash of eMate Memory upgrade cards? I remember Newertech making them but they are hard to come by.
>
> They are one of most elusive Newton-related upgrades ever. In my 25 years as a Newton user (and collector/hoarder), I have only stumbled across one of them ... and it's currently installed in one of my eMates.
>
> As far as I know, the only current source for non-NewerTech upgrades is Newton Sales.
>
> http://www.newtonsales.com/emate.htm
>
> I've never ordered anything from Newton Sales, but others on the list have had mixed experiences.
>
> Maybe Jake Bordens would like to tackle a project like this?

I have one memory upgrade module for eMate. I am ready to lend the module with a person who will undertake reverse engineering to make a copy or an improved version of this module.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)