[NTLK] iPad Pro — How to magically convert handwritten notes to text then share...

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 26 03:44:18 EDT 2017

I don’t know if anyone else has seen this, I don’t recall any messages here on NewtonTalk about this (but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen).

Converting handwriting on an iPad in iOS 11. https://youtu.be/mdExOgCmhWM

*Sigh*. All those steps...and all we did was, uh, write on the screen of our Newtons.

In this regard—trying in newer devices to recreate one of the Newton’s best features, that they already had—Apple reminds me of the inexperienced person who completely disassembles a complex device without carefully making notes or drawings (or photographs) at the start and throughout the process...and then spends hours/days/etc. trying to properly reassemble it.

*Sigh*.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my iPad Pro 9.7"