[NTLK] Lots of Newtons (Grant Hutchinson

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 08:00:01 EDT 2017

Couple months ago there was discussion about running NewtonOS on RaspberryPi. Someone just run Einstein emulator and… suddenly there was silence. I wish to try RaspberryPi and some eInk display to run NewtonOS on it. Then, is it could be possible to put all that stuff into Newton case. RaspberryPi Zero is really small, and shouldn’t be a problem to find space inside Newton 2x00 unit.

Ideally could be good to find/manufacture eInk display with the same parameters like original, to put it into Newton, instead of original LCD. That could be awesome. Imagine, eInk display in our Newtons! No more dead backlight… Awwwww…

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)