[NTLK] NPDS plugin project output type?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue Nov 14 23:30:34 EST 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 22:28 Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to build a custom NPDS plugin (based on the DateBook Server
> 2.12 source: <
> http://npds.free.fr/modules/datebookserver/DateBookServer-2.12.img.bin>
> and running into issues building the project in NTK (v1.6.4 under MacOS
> 7.6.1 running in BasiliskII). The DateServ project has a project output
> type of Stream File as well as Custom Part (with some illegible characters
> in the text field) selected... I'm not sure how that's even possible as
> they're radio buttons. If I select "Auto Part", I get errors about my
> InstallScript method not accepting enough parameters.

I reached out to Paul Guyot & Matt Vaughn on Twitter and Paul said the
output type should be "Application". I switched it to that (I actually
created a new project file & added my files back in the correct order, just
to be on the safe side) and eventually figured out I needed to mark a main
layout file, which then gave me the Build Package option. I was able to
build and install the NPDS plugin package I'm working on, so that's a plus
(now I just have a lot of debugging to do).

--
Morgan
---