[NTLK] Translating list posts [Was: Newton 2000 and MacbookAir with NCX]

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Mar 29 13:58:17 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-27, at 6:43 PM, Forrest wrote:

>> *** French-ish version below:
>
> I like that--providing a French (or other) version for translation.
>
> It was never my intent to discourage the use of other languages... only to request
> (demand? ;-) ) that such responses also include the suitable translation.

<List-Dad-Voice>

Just to be clear, having a discussion on this list does not require the exclusive use of English. Yes, providing translated text is appreciated, but again, translated text is not a requirement of posting to NewtonTalk. If this were a requirement, it would be mentioned in the FAQ.

<https://github.com/splorp/newtontalk-faq/blob/master/newtontalk-faq.md>

That being said, I may consider adding a point to the "Mailing List Etiquette" section of the FAQ regarding providing translated text where appropriate (and if applicable).

</List-Dad-Voice>

g.