[NTLK] Einstein "Workshop" extension

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Fri Mar 3 12:03:39 EST 2017

> On Mar 3, 2017, at 5:06 PM, Matej Horvat <matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 16:03:54 +0100, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:
>
>> Either way, what do you suggest we do? Continue NTX, continue Workshop,
>> continue both? Continue together? At least with serial port support on
>> Einstein now, NTX would probably work with very little modification.
>
> I think compatibility with existing NTK projects would be nice at least because of Apple's sample code.

Oh, I forgot: both DyneTK and Workshop would absolutely be able to read MSWindows NTK project files. Mac project files are possible if they were saved correctly and both, the Data and the Resource fork, still exist. The Apples NTK examples are my benchmark.

The next step would be to create NTK setups from Package files by reverse engineering the Package contents. I know that this is possible, and it would allow us to fix and enhance existing apps.

 - Matthias