[NTLK] Newton to DB9 to USB Connection Conundrum

Michael W. Arnold michael at rnold.info
Sun Jul 2 10:15:48 EDT 2017

I hate to bother everyone for support, but I can’t figure this one out.

I’ve got a DB9 to USB cable with the FTDI chip, a DB9 to 8p MiniDIN cable, and a null modem DB9 to DB9 between it all.

In theory, this should work perfectly to allow my eMate to connect to NCX on macOS 10.12, but it doesn’t.  Newton keeps saying there was a response from the computer.

I’ve also tried without the null modem, and that didn’t work either.  (Connect works fine, BTW, via mini DIN to mini DIN to my Quadra 630.)

Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong?

Exact product links for details:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/7564005068/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194C4Z96/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1