[NTLK] Einstein on Android

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Jan 23 11:30:57 EST 2017

Hi guys,

So I pushed changes to compile Einstein for Android using the Android Studio setup. This works now (after some neat little pitfalls) surprisingly well. Particularly, debugging Java and Native code "just works".

It runs on the Emulator, but not on 64bit device (Android S7). It seems that UInt32 is actually 64 bits long which causes immediate chaos in the JIT emulation.

To run this, don;t forget to explicitly give the app write permission to external memeory and upload the ROM and REX files to /sdcard/Download/Einstein/

Any help is greatly appreciated. I will also fiddle on myself.

 - Matthias