[NTLK] Dash Board Software

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Feb 16 09:26:29 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 03:50 Comcast <r.dasilva at comcast.net> wrote:

> I read that Mason Mark, the developer of Dash Board, released the source
> code for his utility program. In his story on Github (
> https://github.com/masonmark/Dash-Board-for-Newton-OS) he also mentions
> something about one day releasing a free version. But I don’t think he ever
> got around to it. This was 4 years ago. Does anyone know if there’s a free
> version out there or how we could acquire a registration? Since the company
> (FiveSpeed) is no longer in business, there doesn’t seem a way to obtain a
> fully functioning version that doesn’t expire after the demo period. It’s a
> shame because Dash Board seems like a very useful utility for the MP2100.

The GitHub project is the free version. I haven't tested yet, but I believe
the Newton .pkg files are:

  <
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/masonmark/Dash-Board-for-Newton-OS/master/Dash%20Board/DashBoard2013.proj.pkg

  <
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/masonmark/Dash-Board-for-Newton-OS/master/Dash%20Board%20Prefs/Dash%20Board%20Prefs.proj.pkg

I haven't tested yet, but if those are the correct files we should probably
get them uploaded to UNNA.org.

--
Morgan
---