[NTLK] Leaving List

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 18:50:59 EDT 2017

> On 24 Apr 2017, at 17:30, Michael Sheflin <sheflinm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I joined this list years ago to seek support for extending Newton's
> handwriting recognition.  It may have been an implausible project, but it
> certainly had no support.
>
> I've found a handful of posts with people actually attempting to innovate
> and extend the use of Newton that have been of some interest.  In general
> though, especially having forgotten that aim for several years, I'm not
> sure I serve much purpose on this list.

Hi Michael,

I think is not about members of this group 'weak will’ to help you. I’m not sure how many ACTIVE members now we have (I’m sure Grant could say something about it :) ), and I think most of us don’t have skills and experience in subject you explore. For example I have completely no idea about HWR and programming. I wish to have some skills to create some app for Newton, but at this moment this is kind of ‘magic’ for me. Second thing is that Newton is kind of sentimental hobby now. So it hard to ask people to invest time and resources for this old (but still alive!!!) technology.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)
NPDS Tracker Server: http://tracker.applenewton.co.uk:3680 (powered by Raspberry Pi)