[NTLK] [Spam] direct link to download 2K fix for Newton

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Mar 30 10:19:11 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM Dan <dan at dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> On 3/30/2015 6:03 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
> > Hey! I can't believe I'm asking this!
> >
> > I seem to have lost the Y2K fix on my MP2100. I have an Ethernet
> connection
> > for it, but I need a link to directly download the extension via either
> > NetHopper or Courier. Any help?  Thanks! :-0

> > http://newtontalk.net/
> >

> I assume you mean the one by Eckhart?
>
> His main site
> http://40hz.org/Pages/Patch%20711000
>
> direct
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/n40hz/files/Patches/Patch-
> 711000.zip/download
>
> German version
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88078&
> package_id=310251

Hmmm... I don't know. My Newton says I have NOS 2.1 (717260)-1.

Problem is, when I go to the page you linked above, in NetHopper, it says I
don't have the proper DataHandler plugin, and Courier says the page doesn't
exist. I go to the home page, and click on the proper link, and again, an
empty page. Besides all that, I don't have any means of unzipping a file
directly on my Newton. I have no means of connecting my Newton to my Mac to
install from my Mac, so it has to be directly on the Newton from a web
page. There used to be a site (or two) that would allow that. I suppose
they are gone?