[NTLK] ProDOS [WAS: "Re: [OT] WWDC 2015, any NTLKers there?"]

John Heinrichs minicapt1 at mac.com
Thu Jun 11 07:26:49 EDT 2015

"Out of curiosity, would my Classic currently running system 8 run ProDOS …”
Oh dear, no. At one point (early 90s) there was an Apple II card for the Mac, which would allow one to run ProDOS programs on the Mac.
Unfortunately, ProDOS was written for the the 8-bit WDC 65C02 CPU chip of the Apple II. One could run ProDOS on the Apple IIGS because it ran a 16-bit WDC 65816 chip, an upgrade of the 65C02. Neither code were compatible with the 68000 of the Mac Classic, thus the Apple II card.

Cheers
John
 minicapt1 at mac.com