[NTLK] My problem with the stability of the Internet connection and with NPDS server

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Aug 28 16:00:56 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Paweł Piotrowski <newton at indigi.co.uk> wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2015, at 15:50, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't personally used a wired ethernet card with my Newton (though
>> I have an XJack card sitting waiting for me to try), but I have heard
>> of some potential issues after a period of time. My first question
>> would be whether you're using a manually-configured static IP on your
>> Newton or a dynamically assigned IP via DHCP. The former would be
>> preferable and more reliable.
>
> I have a manually-configured static IP address.  What I discovered now: After NPDS server stopped I tried ping my Newton IP address. It’s working. So, I think connection is fine and probably NPDS server have some problem.

Yeah, it's more likely the NPDS server. You mentioned that you've
turned off NPDS Watcher because it was causing problems for you, but
it's usually necessary to reboot NPDS and/or your Newton when you lose
your connection.

I'm not actually running NPDS at this time, but maybe Grant, Ron, or
the others running NPDS servers right now have suggestions.

--
Morgan
---